Bear Gulch Ranch
Historic Bear Gulch Ranch
Rare opportunity to own historic 340-acre Bear Gulch Ranch, ideally-located at base of Longs Peak in Allenspark only 15-minutes from Estes Park. This privately gated mountain retreat affords an enviable Rocky Mountain lifestyle with direct access to National Forest and Rocky Mountain National Park, plus 8-miles of hiking trails, a stocked trout pond, and large equipment barn that can be retrofitted for horses.
Year-round spring-fed Tahosa Creek runs through the property which sits at an elevation of 8,900 feet. Striking main house is richly appointed with custom millwork, chef’s kitchen, newly built 6,000 sf owner’s quarters, and sun-soaked rooms framing panoramic views. Enjoy a stone party deck and firepit, generous bunkhouse for up to 12 guests, and opportunity to build 3 additional structures if desired. Established in 1909, Bear Gulch Ranch was settled by Enos Mills who operated Longs Peak Inn and is primarily responsible for Woodrow Wilson proclaiming lands west of Estes as Rocky Mountain National Park.
- About 340 acres
- Located at base of Long’s Peak between Allenspark and Estes Park
- Gated, private, no access easements on the property, so no neighbors driving through
- Year round access from county maintained Highway 7
- Completely rebuilt 6000 s.f. owner’s quarters
- 2 bedroom with large multipurpose room, stone party deck, built-in grill, and outdoor fireplace
- Direct access to National Forest and Rocky Mountain National Park
- 8 miles of marked hiking trails on the property
- Stocked trout pond
- Easy commute to services in Estes Park, Fort Collins, and Boulder
- Private jets can land in Boulder or Ft. Collins, south and north of the property
- Elevation 8900’
- Year round spring fed Tahosa Creek runs through the property
- Several wells on the property and separate water rights.
- In a conservation easement to preserve natural beauty in perpetuity. Agricultural zoning.
- Cool bunkhouse for guests. 4 bedroom; can sleep up to 12. Full kitchen.
- Can build at least three more structures on the property if desired
- Large equipment barn can be retrofitted for horses
- Fantastic property for extended family or small corporation retreat.
- Land is gently sloped and usable. Beautiful mix of aspens and conifer trees broken by creek, pond and grassy meadows.
- Very historical property, established 1909